Monday, January 3, 2011

Crucified...


I have an Anarchist friend on FB. He's a Free Thinking Patriot who posts more than his share of those thought provoking, educational links, and more importantly, he often OPINES in the descriptions. He's been trying to explain to me now No Government would work. I always come back to, well who'll run the Jails? or How will they take care of the Elderly without Medicare... etc.

For the most part, I have led a blameless life. The number of people who could lie down in an fMRI and have their complaints about me proven genuine is a number around 5. But none of these things would carry a fine or jail time if they were adjudicated on in a court of law. I've allowed some bad things to happen that I could have acted differently to have caused a better outlook, and collateral damaged here and there but it wasn't criminal in any way.

But how can this be, as I don't Believe in a Higher power. I just Believe in the Golden Rule. I don't know how else to explain it.

Imagine if we all lived our lives AS IF we there as an All Powerful Being who lived among us, and spoke to us, and could help us. Imagine if he SAW Him Her It (HHI) with our own eyes every day! Imagine if we behaved as if HHI would was going to throw us into a flaming/frozen pit for all eternity if we disobeyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we would just live like that, and have our rule be something WACKY like. "Love thy neighbor as thyself" or "Do unto others that which you would not like them to do unto you".

It could be just like Heaven....

man, where have I heard this theory before? I can almost remember, I know I read it somewhere....

Those of us who "get it" live this way already. Laws and Religion are just there for those people who have not stepped up to the next level and Live Right, just Because.
I don't need Law or Religion to make me behave. And you know, in Jerusalem, in 33AD..... notions like this would get you Crucified....


No comments:

Post a Comment